Toward an Agenda for Research and Action: A Discussion with FIA Partners
December 6, 2013
University of Maryland
College Park, MD
This closing event brought together representatives of our FIA partners along with Dan Russell, Google’s “director of user happiness” to reflect on the week’s events. They discussed ways of enhancing the “future of the past” through interdisciplinary research and action.
In the video above, Dan Russell is seated on the left. The partner representatives who took part in the discussion, seated from left to right, were:
- Paul Sparrow, Senior Vice President, Broadcasting the Newseum
- Barbara Ferry, Director of Library and Archives, the National Geographic Society
- George Coulbourne, Executive Program Officer, Office of Strategic Initiatives in the U.S. Library of Congress
- Brendan Sweeney, Managing Producer, The Kojo Nnamdi show, WAMU 88.5
- Don Kodak, Director of the U.S. National Park Service Center for Media Services
- Tim Schaffer, Director of Technology and Sustainability, the Barrie School
- Barney Krucoff, Geographic Information Officer in the Office of the Governor of Maryland.
Also taking part in the discussion (and seated on the far right) was Howard Besser, Professor of Cinema Studies at New York University and a Library of Congress Digital Preservation Pioneer.